Yes, we are upgrading the platform. Again. But don’t you worry, we promise, the changes are for the better and most things will still work and look the same as always. Yet, we want to give you a heads-up as we know change can sometimes feel scary. To make the transition easier, we are giving you some time to prepare for it mentally.
You spoke, we listened. Sometimes we do things we regret and wish we could change them. Now that’s exactly what you’ll be able to do! Per your request, you will soon be able to edit your already published Learning paths.
What else will change? The learning path editor (admin view) and the learning path view (learners view) will also be getting a facelift. The module settings will become more straightforward as we get rid of some ambiguous settings.
Don’t despair. Existing learning paths won’t change unless you want them to. However, when adding new modules or changing the settings of the old ones, you will now be using the new version.
Once you edit an existing learning path, you will only be able to change to new settings. But, for it to change, you need to press the publish button, so if you just want to check it out, go ahead and press edit without publishing it.
Let us give you a quick overview of the upcoming changes:
- You will be able to edit already published learning paths
- The learning path editor and learning path view will get a new appearance
- The cover image in your learning paths will now support images with the most common aspect ratio, 16:9
- It will now be possible to add a description of each learning path
- Settings for optional modules have been simplified.
- Some module settings have been given more intuitive names, for example:
- Recurring ➡ Repeat
- Gatekeeper ➡ Passing score
- You will only be able to set modules to be all locked in a sequence or all to be unlocked. However, all older learning paths will work perfectly as they are for your learners.
- Delays: Now delays will be added in between modules to allow you to stretch learning. Giving learners time to reflect and anchor knowledge
- Settings: We have added small texts to explain how the setting itself works
We know it might take some time to get used to the new look, but once you’ve gotten used to it, your learning will flow just as easily as the water in a river.
If you have any further questions, please, don’t hesitate to reach out.