Out with the old, in with the new – get ready for The Module Maker 2.0!
We are extremely happy and excited to be able to share the new Module Maker 2.0 with you. For us at Learningbank, learning and evolving is a must. We decided to give the Module Maker the love and attention it deserved and needed because it is one of the platform's most essential features (and also one of our customers' favorites).
Our very skilled developers have been working hard on rebuilding the Module Maker and Learner Player from the ground up in a new programming language. This makes it more stable and reliable as well as giving it a more user-friendly approach with new features. At the same time, our product team has been improving the design and interface to make it clearer and more intuitive, yet keeping it familiar.
What will you gain from this update?
- For the admins:
In short, there will be a better overview of all the content, the slides will be easier to create, and we will offer guidance within the platform to help them create more engaging content.
- For the learners:
The content will be smoother to navigate, the interactions will be easier to interact with and employees will have a better overview of their answers.
But, what will actually change?
So you want to know about the details?
Well, there are quite a few updates but in general, what we can say is that it will be more visual and easier to engage with.
- When you create a new module, you no longer must apply all the tags, estimates, and rewards in the beginning. Instead, you can get straight to content creation.
- We introduced a new slide called the title slide. Here is where the admins can name the module and give it a description. The learners will also see this slide when they start a new module so that they know what module they are taking and what it is about. This slide cannot be hidden for now.
- To add the first slide, you can click on the plus button.
- More slide types to choose from & better slide overview.
- All input fields can now be formatted.
- Slide Settings will automatically open to your left whenever you click a slide.
- We added Unsplash and GIPHY library to the image selector. Unsplash is a library where you can get free good quality pictures while from GIPHY you can add gifs. This will allow you to easily make content more engaging without spending a lot of time searching for media online.
- You will also be able to crop an image once you select it.
- You will be able to add captions to images.
- General, rewards, and translation settings.
All can now be found in the top bar under its own tab.
- We are replacing the current language template with a simpler solution.
This implies that instead of having a "template" language, you can start by creating content in your default company language and then add more languages as needed.
- The navigation has been changed from horizontal to vertical scroll to make it more intuitive and smoother for learners to go through the content.
- Interactions have been made more intuitive to work with.
- Questions that have not been answered will be shown at the end of a module.
On the 6th of April, you will be able to discover the new Module Maker 2.0 yourself.
Please, consider this:
We understand that it can feel like a lot at once, but we are confident that this update will be for the better. Then again, if you have any questions or concerns you can always reach out to us in our help center or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, there are a few things you can prepare for the update:
- Horizontal vs Vertical
We've changed the modules swipe function from a horizontal slide, to a vertical to match a more natural scrolling feeling - just like a website or social media platform that your learners are more used to. This means that if you have added instructional text in modules that says "Swipe right to continue", you will have to update this to "Scroll down to continue".
Since we've changed the old way of creating languages and removed the "template" language, we need to remind you of one thing: The new module maker will keep all your content, but change the label of the language to your company's default language. You can of course change the language label later to match the actual language.
- You may notice that the platform is occasionally inaccessible until April 6th.
It might take a little bit of time but, once you get used to The Module Maker 2.0
we are confident that you will enjoy it.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.