Who is the first person you look for in the group photo from your leadership seminar?
Yourself – of course. Whether we like it or not, we are deeply programmed to focus on ourselves and our needs.
The good news is, that you can use this knowledge about human nature to get everyone on board when you want to create change. In your team, for example, or in the entire organization.
Look at this example: You want everyone in the company to perform better and decide to implement a digital platform to measure the employee’s performance.
Does it sound exciting? Maybe if you are a manager and can see the advantages.
But for the employees? It might sound like a threat, a controlling act, and a waste of time. So, how can you make this attractive and get everyone on board?
The answer: Let it be about ME! (Or in this case, about your employees). This way of thinking is well-known in marketing. But in HR it is relatively new.
How to make your employees care about your training
- Let it be about 'me' by assigning individual job profiles when the employees sign on to their digital learning universe - like on social media.
- Insert individual development plans and let the employee’s leader give them individual recognition with, for example, diplomas and rewards.
- Customize the learning paths through the learning content, so it suits the individual employee’s or job profile’s level.
- Use gamified learning universes, that way it is easy to make it even more personal. For example, by letting the employee design their own character.
Are you wondering how on earth you are supposed to be able to do PERSONALIZED training for your employees? Does this seem like an impossible thing to accomplish?
We know, it might sound like a huge task, and sure, it will take some effort. But by using a learning platform, you can automate many tasks and create learning in a short amount of time.
Take Swedish Lindab for example, a huge organization with 5000 employees, who used to have only classroom training, and didn't have good learning outcomes.
Now, by using digital learning they easily manage and create personalized learning for their employees, which has helped them increase engagement and at the same time saved them both time and money.
And despite the size of the company, to begin with, they only had a couple of people starting their learning transformation. So yes, it is possible to create personalized learning even if you do not have a huge L&D team.
Learn more about how to get started with your learning project and provide impact and value to your business here.
- Digital learning can help you create personalized learning in your learning and development work.
- Create individual job profiles for employees when signing on to the learning platform
- Make individual development plans for your employees
- Give recognition for progress in learning
- Make the learning relevant for your employee by specifying it depending on department, role etc.
- If using gamified learning, let the employee create their own avatar