There is an urgency for companies to become more digital, as a result of this year’s outbreak. HR is no exception.
What will your company focus on? We have gathered best practices for how companies can carry it out.
Experts on Digital HR: Adapt or die
Experts say that companies’ ability to adapt to digital now, will determine success or death. Also, they even compare it with Darwin’s theory of evolution: if your business doesn’t adapt, it will die.
Obviously, your employees are more digital and connected, even more now.
Technology has changed our lives, so why shouldn’t the workplace follow? In fact, employees working in digitally improved workplaces are more productive and motivated.
One expert who emphasizes adaption to digital, is Brian Solis. Here are his thoughts:
”Digital transformation is the most important movement facing companies today. It is forcing businesses to look beyond the world as they know it. Observe how things are changing on the outside, to change, transform philosophies, models, and systems on the inside.”
HR and learning expert Josh Bersin compares this pandemic to a huge business transformation.
As a result, learning now returns to the centre of HR and there is more focus on workforce development. He even say that we might soon see the first TikTok for learning.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to report that the L&D market is as healthy as I’ve ever seen it. […] companies are throwing money at workforce development.”
Josh Bersin (Source)
Business leaders and HR professionals are focusing more on digitalization of HR
66% of business leaders state that if their company does not digitalize more by 2020, it will no longer be competitive. Also, 88% of chief HR officers say they need to invest in three or more technologies over the next two years.
Whereas experts share their advice, and surveys emphasize the importance, you will need to do the groundwork to understand how it is applied in your company.
Here are some top insights to help kickstart an HR revolution in your company.
Top insights you need to know about Digital HR & transformation
We cover 4 areas:
1) How you get started
2) Digital Employee Engagement and Experience
3) Utilizing Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in your training
4) Analytics in HR.
1. How do you start HR transformation?
There’s a beginning to everything.
Read these articles beneath to get insights on how you get your company onboard the HR transformation digitally.
- What is digital HR? Back to basics
- Getting your organization ready for a transformation
- Best practices of HR technological transformation
2. Digital Employee Engagement and Employee Experience
Every HR professional knows about Employee Experience and Employee Engagement.
Indeed, these subjects are well discussed in this century – with good reason. You can empower this digitally! Read more:
- What is Digital Employee Experience?
- What is Digital Employee Engagement and why does it matter?
- The HR manager’s definitive guide to Employee Experience in 2020
- How games and gamification are changing Learning and Training
- How McDonald’s created award-winning Digital Employee Experience
3. How you can use Virtual Reality and AI for your workplace
Virtual reality and AI as part of experiential learning is growing.
For instance, people working in factories, who need training on machines, are able to use VR to actually experience what they learn, before applying it in practice.
Obviously, this also improves safety. Check out these articles and learn more about VR and AI in HR.
- The future of HR – How HR can use Virtual Reality
- How VR is changing the face of training
- 3 things you should know about AI in HR tech
- Virtual Reality and safety training
4. Analytics in HR
HR is often seen as this soft area of business.
However, today HR professionals have perfect opportunities to get data on an organization’s ability to attract, train and retain employees.
With tools to get data and knowledge about your organization and employees, you help your workforce meet their goals.
Moreover, you can keep learning and development in good pace.
Read more about this in these articles:
- What is HR analytics (people analytics)?
- Why analytics needs to be HR’s top priority
- How to manage transformation with people analytics
- How to measure productivity and increase efficiency in the workplace
We hope you find these articles insightful and that it can help you get started with transforming HR in your business.